Category Archives: commercial painting Manteca
Businesses need commercial painting in Manteca not just to make their structures looking good, but also to fix the usual surface issues (such as fading paint, peeling paint, stains from water or rust from the pipes, as well as cracks, holes and many others). Any of these surface issues staying there for a long time would not be good for your business, so naturally you want immediate help from commercial painters. But will be they there right away?
The Internet is a quick and easy way for finding commercial painters that you want to hire. No need to thumb through that dusty Yellow Pages tome. You can search for commercial painters on search engines such as Google and Yahoo!, or on online directories such as the Yellow Pages website or Yelp. Once you have a shortlist of the commercial painters you may want to work with, you just hope that they will be open and available to possibly work for you.
Still, you may have a difficult time on finding good painting contractors who will be readily available to you. The well-established contractors are known to be professional, honest, have a good work ethic and have good relations with their clients. They provide their staff sufficient training as well as safe working environment and conditions to them. These contractors are committed to their work that they take their workmanship quite seriously. They are the type of contractors who do not want to cut corners. Instead, they want to provide the best paint job and service to their customers so that they won’t regret the money they have spent on them. Plus, they provide written warranties after the work has been finished, which states that they would provide service for a small fee or for free if the flaws are the result of faults of their own workmanship.
And due to such attributes, good contractors are usually sought after by clients. As a result, they are often in high demand, having a considerable number of projects that are lined up for them. As they provide quality paint jobs as well as after-service customer assistance, well-established contractors usually charge a bit higher compared to new contractors or contractors with a questionable reputation. One of the signs of a good contractor is that they are always busy, which means more customers turn to them for their service. Unfortunately, their engagements render them available to other customers who also want to avail to their services.
It can also be an issue of trust. Well-established commercial painters take their reputation very seriously. They just do not take clients, and they may “cherry-pick” their jobs. If a project or a prospective customer deems fit to them, they will take it. If they do not come across them as trustworthy or “too good to be true,” painters would not rather want to work with them. If a client receives too many bids, painters would rather look somewhere else that will be worth their time.
Ask people you know – your friends, relatives, colleagues, or maybe even your employees – who may refer you to a painter they have known or hired in the past. You may also ask for referrals from other companies, retailers, or specialty shops who may refer you to contractors they have worked with for a very long time. Most likely, these individuals and establishments have good connections to the best commercial painters in the area and would be willing to help you arrange a schedule for your meeting with any of those painters, especially if you have an urgent need.
While the Internet is the most popular way to look for painters, it should not be the only source. There are also traditional forms such as the television, radio, print media, billboards, and transportation where you may see advertisements from companies that offer commercial painting in Manteca services. Researching about the company allows you to have a better knowledge about the painters that you’re considering hiring.
Not all commercial painting services in San Jose are supposed to be the same. Apart from the name, there are many other differences among commercial painters that include the kind of paints and materials, rates, estimates, contracts, warranties, schedules, the number of workers and lots of other things.
It is only you who can tell who among them is the best contractor to hire. To avoid the mistake of hiring fake or illegal contractors, here are some suggestions you should follow:
- Go to the Web. The Internet is a vast source of information, so nowadays it is normally the first place where people are looking for something they need, such as painting service companies. Their websites are important to the contractors as well as their clients, so take your time to check and navigate their pages that contain their history, the kind of services they offer, articles and blogs, portfolio, and customer testimonials. You may also have to check out their social media platforms as well.
- Ask around – you should also approach your friends, neighbors, co-workers or relatives who also happen to own or manage a business and ask them about the painters they’ve worked with in the past. They will give you a genuine and honest feedback, and may even invite you to their offices and commercial spaces where you will be allowed to check out and inspect their work. If they talk about this certain contractor enthusiastically and even recommend him to you, then it’s a good sign that this contractor is at least worth considering.
- Invite at least three contractors over to your commercial property so that they will also have the time to inspect around. Normally, after inspection, the contractors will give you their rough estimates. Pick up this hint: a contractor who takes a longer time to inspect is more likely to give you an honest estimate. Next, get to know more about the contractors – their skill level and experience, their competency and commitment to their work, and their professional behavior.
- Ask questions, like “How long have you been in this industry?” “Does your company use subcontractors or do you employ your own workers?” (Having their own workers is an indication of a good company.) “Is your company licensed and insured?” If the company answers all the questions affirmatively or reasonably, then that contractor may be almost a shoo-in.
- You will be given a written contract, which details everything that ranges from the paints and materials to the project timeframe and payment procedures. Read the contract carefully (and ask questions to the contractor if you find something uncertain) before signing it. Having such document will protect you from possible fraud and/or disputes.
- Ask for a written guarantee, always. It includes the surface problems and issues that can be the result of a defective paintwork from the contractor (like fading or peeling paint). However, surface damage from causes like graffiti, weather, a defective work done by the other contractor, or a natural disaster will not be usually covered by your chosen contractor. Normally, a written warranty has a period of up to three years.
Interviewing contractors, studying their professional behavior and checking their backgrounds are helpful because they prevent you from hiring a sham contractor. Doing these procedures furthermore allow you to hire the ideal contractor who will provide the right commercial painting services in San Jose for your commercial and office space.