Wood rot should be regarded as more than just an aesthetic problem. If left unaddressed, it could spread to the other parts of your commercial building in Danville, CA. If wood rot shows up in structurally important parts of your building, such as beams, joists, and columns, your concerns change from aesthetics to the safety of your customers, employees, tenants, and visitors.
Wood rot usually occurs on sidings. But it can also affect railings, fascias, soffits, beams, and columns, as long as rain and melted snow pool against them. Over time, moisture can penetrate wood, leading to mold and rotting. It’s vital that you get rid of wood rot right after you see it.
A professional painting company in Danville, CA that could repair or replace wood rot and restore the affected features to their original appearance. It makes sense to hire commercial painters as they encounter wood rot during their jobs on a regular basis. The experienced paint crew from Custom Painting, Inc. will address wood rot issues by repairing the affected wood and painting it or replacing the entire affected section with new wood.
What are the signs of wood rot?
Wood rot is a type of decay typically caused by fungal growth in damp wood. While there are usually two types of wood rot – wet rot and dry rot – this has been misleading since all rotted wood is caused by moisture. This means dry rot has also been caused by moisture at one time or another.
You should see the following signs why repairing or replacing affected wood is urgent:
- Paint discoloration.
- Bubbling and cracking paint.
- Strong and musty odor – the sign of mold and mildew.
- Recurrence of mold and mildew (which can lead to more rot)
- It may be a deeper issue than just wood rot – it could be a sign of more serious structural problems, which could compromise your commercial building’s stability and safety.
- Health and safety hazard to employees, customers, and visitors.
What we offer
Here is an outline of Custom Painting, Inc.’s step-by-step process for wood rot repair or replacement:
- Inspecting the property for wood rot and assessing the extent of the damage.
- Developing a customized repair or replacement plan, such as finding out (and eliminating) the root cause of it and getting rid of it by replacement instead of repair.
- Repair or replacement, depending on the following factors:
- The severity of the damage.
- The structural significance of the affected wooden area. For example, if wood rot shows up in beams, columns, or joists, it poses a safety hazard. Thus, replacement is typically the better option than repair in this case.
- The cost of repair versus replacement.
- Treating and preventing future rot by applying wood hardener, filler, or epoxy, or replacing damaged wood with new wood or other material, such as PVC or fiber cement replacement boards.
- Painting, staining, or sealing the treated or replaced wood area.
- Final inspection and quality control.
Why choose us?
When you see signs of wood rot in your commercial building, no matter how extensive, hire Custom Painting, Inc. We will help preserve the wood features of your commercial property. Here are the reasons why you should choose us for your next wood rot repair or replacement project:
- Over 40 years of experience in the paint service industry.
- A variety of services, from painting to repairs to custom installation work.
- $4,000,000 liability insurance.
- An experienced, skilled, and dedicated team of painters and carpenters
- Solid leadership from the project manager.
- A free, honest, and timely job estimate – always provided for free.
- A concise and thorough quotation.
- Thoughtful scheduling before the beginning of the project.
- Meticulous attention to detail from beginning to end.
- Use of the highest-quality paints, primers, and other coatings, as well as tools and equipment.
- Safe work practices.
- Full one-year guarantee on our work.
- A follow-visit after the completion of the project.
- Workers’ compensation that covers all employees.
Contact us today!
If you need a professional team of painters in Danville, CA, who can expertly deal with wood rot, Custom Painting, Inc. can help preserve and restore the wooden features of your commercial building. We will restore the look of your commercial building to its original appearance and make it structurally sound. Contact Custom Painting at 925-866-9610 or send a message for a free consultation or free quote.